Three steps For a successful charity stream
You have the power to transform lives!
Plan and Promote Your Charity Stream
When planning your charity stream, it is important to plan ahead and identify:
When will the event take place, and how long should I host a stream?
- Give yourself enough time to build hype within your community and promote your event. We recommend raising funds for 1-3 days, as this adds urgency to your message. Fundraisers lasting more than a week tend to see limited engagement. To Stream [FTW] safely, we request limiting streams to 12 hours or less per day.
What are ways to encourage donations? What milestones and rewards should I give?
- Find creative ways to have donation milestones trigger hosting giveaways/raffles, create in-game challenges and/or interact with you on your stream. A simple example is for every $100 donation, do a silly dance!
What should be my target goal? How much do I think my community can raise?
- Be confident and ambitious! The more funds raised, the more impact your community will have. We would recommend starting at $500 for you to earn an exclusive Stream [FTW] t-shirt.
How should I promote my event?
- Build hype and make announcements a few times leading up to the event. Call upon your community share the announcement with their friends. You can find resources, such as messaging and social media graphics on our Stream [FTW] Toolkit.
Sign up at tiltify.com/make-a-wish to create your campaign.
- Tiltify is our streaming donation platform where your viewers donate to Make-A-Wish directly.
Use Tiltify tools to engage your audience.
- This platform provides tools to trigger milestones and goals during your charity stream.
Connect the Tiltify campaign to your stream tools.
- Add pop-ups and notifications to your streaming tools, such as StreamLabs and Streamelements. Learn more about integrating Tiltify.
Host the Charity Stream
It is important to keep reminding and encouraging your community to donate throughout the duration of your stream. A few ways to engage your community and encourage donations include:
Sharing the mission of Make-A-Wish and the impact your community will have.
- Show photos, tell stories and share videos with your audience throughout your charity stream. You can find wish media content on our Stream [FTW] Toolkit.
Regularly remind your audience about the fundraiser during your stream.
- In addition to using bots on your feed, consistently telling people about the charity fundraiser will remind them to donate and inform any new viewers you may have.
Keep pushing past your goal and reach for the stars!
- You might be surprised to see your event reach a goal so quickly. Keep going with a new goal! The more funds you raise, the more impact your community will have on children with critical illnesses.
- Keep being confident about reaching a goal, and your audience will respond. It can discourage your audience if you say you doubt you will reach your current/new goal. You've got this - be confident!
For any questions about these steps, please reach out to Ryan Katz on Discord @WorldWishKatz#0884
TOOLS and RESOURCESDon't Go Alone, Take This!
Charity Live Stream Guide
Earn this prize and share with your community as a symbol of your efforts to help us transform lives of children with critical illnesses!
STREAM [FTW] T-SHIRT
Reward For Raising $500
Streamers who raise over $500 on their charity stream will be eligible to receive our Stream [FTW] T-Shirt!
STREAM [FTW] SWEATSHIRT
Reward For Raising $1,000
Streamers who raise over $1000 on their charity stream will be eligible to receive our NEW Stream [FTW] T-Shirt!
You MAKE Wishes Possible!
We look forward to the impact you and your community will have on achieving our vision to grant the wish of every eligible child. Thank you and best wishes!